Archidata is proud to announce its partnership with Microsoft Azure Maps Creator!
About Microsoft Azure Maps Creator
Azure Maps Creator is a platform of geospatial APIs for application developers that is now entering the world of indoor mapping with Creator.
It’s a great challenge! Indeed, the universe of interior location is very different from that of exterior mapping for several reasons:
- Unlike maps, floor plans are private documents containing privileged information that is not in the public domain
- The formats of architectural documents are very varied (paper plan, AutoCAD drawing, PDF, Revit model), sometimes with a combination of formats for the same building, or even a floor
- Buildings indoor spaces change very often - infinitely faster than the outside environment!
- Buildings can have multiple floors above and below ground – the exterior GIS cannot be used indoors
The objective is to offer for the indoor universe the same functionalities that you use to circulate: find the best routes, search for points of interest, know the areas to avoid, etc. It is also to connect the interior and exterior universes, for example to facilitate movement from one room to another between two buildings on the same site, campus or sector, or follow the movement of mobile equipment.
To allow the creation of applications bringing GIS inside buildings, Azure Maps Creator joins the expertise of several partners and brings them together on the same secure cloud platform.
About Archidata's drawing conversion service
Archidata has 25 years of experience in developing tools and processes for upgrading architectural documents to allow its real estate clients to evolve at the same pace as technology easily and inexpensively. Archidata supports its clients in this evolutionary process as technologies change throughout the life cycle of the buildings in their entire portfolio.
Archidata can help you convert your architectural plans to meet Azure Maps Creator DWG format requirement, whatever document format you have at hand – AutoCAD drawings, PDF, scanned paper plans, Revit models.
Archidata is aware that buildings are constantly evolving and can assist you with updates on an on-going basis to ensure that floor plans displayed in MS Azure Maps Creator are always up to date. Archidata can also easily combine documents in different formats for a same building or floor if documents were provided in different formats from one project to the next.
Using the same floor plan format, Archidata can generate 3D models in various standardized format (GTLF, DAE, IFC, etc.) which can become your space digital twin to display spatialized assets, equipment and building data.
About Archidata's indoor geolocation services
The Archidata Solution is an indoor GIS technology that offers online user-friendly visualization tools to search, locate and track spaces and assets.
The solution is based on a spatial database where rooms and objects are organised as Russian dolls (building > floors > units > rooms > (workstation) > object (equipment, furniture). Its visualization tools and spatial database are built by extracting information from any existing sources, including scanned paper plans, 2D AutoCAD drawings, 3D Revit files. Such structure is generated automatically by extracting information from documents provided and can thus be automatically updated when a space polyline is changed, or an equipment emblem is moved or replaced.
Spaces, objects and datapoints are also georeferenced on the planet (with a unique address (combining longitude, latitude and altitude), independently of room numbers. This allows to track a datapoint through time despite regular changes in floor plan which changes to a much faster pace than the outdoor environment layout! Separating the notion of location of a datapoint from the unit or room to which it belongs at a given time allows to analyze whether and how change in the context affects data over time (“Location of Things”).
The Archidata Solution can provide a complete building picture by importing and visualizing datasets of other building software (such as CMMS, SCADA, building analytics, etc.), which can be connected through Web Services to facilitate data exchange.
Archidata provides online indoor geolocation services such as:
- Visualization and download of floor plans in 2D (DWGs, SVGs, PDFs) or 3D (GTLF, DAE, IFC), which are updated on-going basis
- Search tool for a specific floor, unit, room or workstation as well as different types of spaces (bathroom, cafeteria, stairs, elevator, etc.) or equipment in a space
- Real-time exchange of data with any software used in a building through Web Services
- Indicate in a floor plan the precise location of a source of problem to inform building operations or occupants/clients, such as broken equipment, water damage, spill, overheating or cooling, etc.
- Geospatial analytics at any spatial level across a portfolio (workstation, room, unit, floor, building, site, etc.), which is made possible by buillding data standardisation (occupants, lease, traffic, space availability, heating/cooling, client satisfaction, etc.)
- Display of any data on spaces or assets provided by building software on 2D plans or 3D models using simple color-coding